I know this may seem disturbing to some of you, but I live in a house full of boys. The same boys that are made of snakes and snails and puppy dog tails, or in this case...guinea pig carcass's.
Andrew has been asking me if he can dig up his guinea pig that died a couple of years ago. I kept telling him no...yuck, disgusting, morbid. I honestly couldn't believe he would suggest such thing. Once in a while I see him poking sticks at Stuarts grave. Today, I jokingly told him that he could dig Stu up. I really wanted to "test" him to see how he would respond since he had the "go" to do it. He sat there for a minute and shrugged his shoulders. I told him that I was just kidding but obviously he didn't hear that. As I was making my cup of coffee, I looked back to see 3 little boys with huge contractor shovels digging away.
Aaron was totally grossed out, but eventually was a observer in on the excavation.
At that point, I just laughed and realized that boys are totally gross.
Andrew and his friend Evan actually turned this into quite the archaeological endeavor. They were looking at the bones, looking at the teeth, and how things should be put together. They are pretty stoked about the whole thing and it got them interested in science.
(the red thing you see is nothing gross...just the blanket that Stu was wrapped in for the burial.
3 comments:
I saw a bone in our yard when I was 10 and started digging and putting them together and it was a cat skeleton! It didn't look as fresh as yours though. :) I can't imagine doing that now.
Dr.Vinestein thinks the boys are watching to much c.s.i
now i think maybe god gave me girls for a reason. lol! then again, i could see adeline getting into this...
Post a Comment