Nickelodeon hosts this Kid's choice awards (kind of like the Grammy's, but for kids shows on Nickelodeon). Leading up to the big night, the kids are able to get online and vote for their favorite bands, cartoons, actresses and so forth. This year, I thought it would be fun to have a party for the kids and their friends. It was a blast. A continuous theme of the Kids choice awards is SLIME. We made slime cupcakes, had green slime juice (Gatorade), made homemade slime, and ate Doritos. Yes, I know, Doritos have nothing to do with slime, but 9 boys under the age of 8 love Doritos.
Even though the kids had a great time hanging out with one another, I am not sure if I will have another one of these parties devoted to the Kids Choice Awards. I was a bit disappointed by some of the nominations and performance choices. For one, I am not a big fan of the Pussycat Dolls. They hardly ever wear clothing, and when they do...it is like they are dressed in toddler size clothes. Anyway, I had no clue that they were going to perform. At the very beginning, after they announced them, I looked at Aaron and we silently make the choice to turn the TV off and direct the kids to make their slime. I mean come on...there are so many other people that they could have chosen over this group...Jonas Brothers or Miranda Cosgrove. Even though they say "KIDS" choice awards, they have definitely targeted the pre-teen/teen audience this year. I plan to write to Nick and let them know of my thoughts and you can too by clicking on this link.
I guess I will have to find a different reason to have a party. ho humm.
I think the highlight of the night was when we had a burping contest. On the show, there were these 4 animated penguins that were having a burping contest. We lined the kids up and this is what happened. I almost peed my pants. The winner, as I beam with joy, was my Andrew. He gets those skills from his mama. Below is a video of what life was like for about 2 hours. No joke. I love boys.
1 comment:
poor zach ;o)
i hope i can do girl parties as good as you do boy parties!
Post a Comment