Monday, March 9, 2009

CRASH!!! BOOM!!! OH *&@#!

We had alot of wind last night. I was awaken by the howling several times over the period of my 7 hours of sleep. I actually had a dream that the boys basketball and soccer balls were rolling all over the neighborhood and that I needed to go out and gather them up. When I got up to feed Els at 3:30 ish, I looked outside to see the balls rolling all over the neighborhood. I briefly glanced at our portable basketball hoop hovering over our Accord and thought that we should have moved it before we went to bed. I fed Elliott, and headed back to bed. Within about 5 minutes, I hear this LOUD **CRACK**. Yep. You got it...the basketball hoop bounced off the hood of the car and onto the ground. Now, we have this great, impressive dent in the car accompanied by a few heavy scratches and some chipped paint. There were a few chosen words exchanged among my husband and the basketball hoop at 3:30 in the morning. (It was kind of funny to see him in his gingerbread pajama pants though. It was a little hard to take him seriously).
The boys are home from school today. Rumor has it that there was a kid at school with strep last week. Lovely. They slept in until about 8:30 and have been on the couch all morning. I rigged up their portable dvd players to their bunk beds so later this afternoon, they can go up to their room and relax a bit...and maybe fall asleep. I plan to take them to the dr. to get strep tests. My doctor really loves our family lately. I think we may be paying for his upcoming golf trip with the amount of money we have contributed to him. Fortunately, my friend Angela (Thanks Angela) told me that Amoxicillin is FREE at Meijer. You can find the list of free prescriptions here. Prenatal vitamins are also free there as well (not that I have to think about that).

Gotta go, Owen needs snuggles and more Tylenol.

5 comments:

Gerbicks said...

so they have strep throat or another strep? egads, judy any of the above sucks!
plus your car dent sounds like a big bummer. aren't dreams so weird??

Anne said...

Our basketball hoop has bit it twice with wind-fortunately it didn't fall on any of our cars!

The Four Feathers said...

Ok...I'm cracking up picturing the gingerbread PJ's! I can make you a background...no prob! Any "theme" or colors in particular???

Anonymous said...

we have been lucky for sick kids this years, Elijah can't see his new sister because of a rinning nose , rules are rules. give some of mamma's little helper something make talke a long well needed nap. good luck Ryan

Anonymous said...

SORRY, I AM LAUGHING ALSO ABOUT THE GINGERBREAD MAN...LOL