Andrew is going to be starting skateboard lessons soon. Last week, we went to browse skateboards and such at the skate shop we usually go to. Every time I go there, It is like we are imposing on them (even if NOBODY is in the store). I tried to ask questions and all I got were nods and "ehhh's" for answers. Ummm...ok, you think that these guys would want to answer my questions since I am the one that will be eventually buying a board for my kids. Anyway, it is almost like "buy something and we will answer your questions for you". The last time we were in there, Andrew even mentioned that the guy behind the counter wasn't very nice. Again, nobody in the store, and they were not busy. Ok. So a kid notices it too, I am not the only one. Well, on the flip side, I thought I would take the boys to a shop that our friend Kevin recommended. The boys (and I) fell in love with the owner. I really didn't fall in LOVE him, but he actually took the time to talk to the boys and answer all of their questions about skateboarding, which always makes a mom smile. He even took the time to answer some of MY stupid questions and was happy to talk with me about some of the concerns I had with the sport. My boys were THRILLED with this guy named Wally. We happened to mention that we are going to be decorating the boys bedroom in a skate theme. What did Wally do? He gave the boys these 2 broken skate boards to use as decoration for their walls, gave us about 20 old wheels (for knobs for their dressers), posters, and stickers! The boys eyes were as big as saucers!! He told the boys that the next time they come in to bring their boards in and he will take a look at them to make sure they are put together correctly. Now that my friend is customer service. Way to go Wally, you have earned the good guy award. Gees, I wonder which skate shop I will be spending my money at on future skateboards? No brainer eh? Andrew wanted me to post a video of him at the skate park. This momma's heart drops a little when I see him skate with the big guys, but according to Wally, that is how they learn. AHHH.. broken limbs, here we come.
3 comments:
Your boys' knees attest to their skateboard "toughness"..... I wince a bit too watching this.
Will miss you tomorrow.
Nice to hear there are still some good service out there! My nephew is also really into skateboarding and I went to get him some decals for his board and the girl working there gave me all kinds of free ones.
Ayden and I will have to join you on a trip to that store. I know absolutely nothing about skateboarding and I know Ayden wants to know everything about it! :)
Post a Comment