Saturday, August 22, 2009

Owen's new Bike

As I posted previously, Owen loves to save his money for just the right purchase. He doesn't get this from his mom, he might get this from dad. When there is cash in my pockets, there is a burning sensation that actually hurts so bad that I just have to get rid of the money before it causes serious burns to my skin. This is why debit cards are so wonderful. Andrew usually spends his money before he even gets it. It is kind of a genetic thing.

We went to a few garage sales yesterday to try and find some last minutes before school starts. I need a new stroller since the airline destroyed ours (ummm, that bright green sticker THEY put on the stroller that says "Handle With EXTREME care" really doesn't mean much obviously). Well, in our adventure out, Owen found a bike. It is his next size that he needs, and is a "gear" bike. He has been looking for a "gear" bike all summer. The going price for a bike at a garage sale is $35 ?? I thought it was a bit high, but Owen really wanted it and he had his own money. I would rather see him spend money on something like this than a gallon of Ice Cream. The seller of the bike wouldn't come down a penny on it. Come on, the kid has a bag full of nickles and dimes and ones and you can't come down 5 bucks? Pa-leeeese. Anyway, he loves his new bike and has been a riding fool since yesterday.



In other news, Elliott turned 11 months last week. I am planning a robot party for his first birthday. The cookie order is in the making of being placed (my friend Cindy does specialty decorated cookies and has done them for a few of our special occasions, she made fabulous cookies for Owen's party and Elliot's homecoming). I need to find some groovy invites. What would you do for a Robot Birthday party? I would love to hear some of your ideas!


Oh, Andrew is at his first skateboarding lesson today. I don't think the kid slept all night thinking about this. He gets so worked up about stuff. Crossing my fingers, hoping for the best.

2 comments:

Gerbicks said...

i would tape guests dancing the robot.

Judy said...

Heidi...ThAT IS GREAT!! You will be first since it was your idea!