Thursday, August 14, 2008

How many people can say....

they have been bit by a mole?


Yes, that is what happened to the ever so kind, pregnant me. I got bit by a mole today.


Here is a little background on the story. Last night, I noticed a shoe stuck under the garage door. It has propped the door open about 1 inch. I thought to myself "Crap, I better move that shoe or we will have a mouse in the house".
Well, this morning I hear this weird kind of squeeking. The cats were going crazy chasing around this squeeking thing. I then realized I never took care of the shoe under the garage door problem.

I saw the little creature. I wasn't too concerned for it was only about 1 1/2 inches long. All morning (and part of the afternoon) was spent trying to find this cute, little, furry ball of fun.

I didn't want to kill it. I am not a fan of mouse traps, so I got out this bucket. The cats assisted me in cornering it. At this point, I was still convinced that it was a baby mousie. Well, the cats did a great job of cornering the cute furry creature and I set the bucket next to it and thought it would be ok to "Shew" it in the bucket with my hands (covered with a ziplock bag). Well, not so clever of an idea. The stupid thing bit me. It wasn't so cute to me at this point and as I looked at my bleeding finger, I wished I would have gotten a killer mouse trap and strangled the neck off that thing. As I looked a little closer at this nasty, butt head of a mammal, it was not a mouse but a mole. ewwww.

Fortunatly, moles do not carry rabies. I do have to go in for a tetnus shot tomorrow. Lucky me.

2 comments:

Gerbicks said...

that really tops all other odd stories that i've heard recently. ouch, a mole bite. i really can't help but laugh, still!

Rebekah Hubley said...

Judy- When my sisters and I were kids, we cornered a mole in the woods, and it felt threatened and charged me and bit my toe. I forget what I had to do. Funny, not many people have been bitten by a mole! Join the club... :-)