Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cancer really, really stinks.


My big sister Vivian was having problems with her vision. Her lymph nodes around her neck were also very swollen. She went to the Hospital last week and with many tests later, it was confirmed that she has cancer. She has a small spot on her brain, in her lung and the lymph node was removed and tested for Cancer. The news of the lymph node came back last night and it was cancerous. She will undergo a series of radiation and chemo treatments. All we can do is hope and pray for the best outcome. Please pray for her and pray for everyone involved. Cancer has never been a topic of discussion until my mom passed away of cancer last year. Unfortunately, my mom's cancer was progressed. From what I am hearing of my sister's situation, it is in it's early stages. There is hope.

If you feel inclined, please donate to help early detection of Lung Cancer. Click here to enter mymom's personal site on the the American Lung Association's Wall of Remembrance.

I will keep you posted on her progress. Right now, hope is there and she is in good spirits.

I feel helpless at this point. Traveling to see her is hard. My body is preparing for the baby. I am going to try to make a trip up there in the next week to see her and pray with her. Unfortunatly, I cannot help in any other way right now. Even after the baby is born, it is going to be difficult to go up to Michigan and offer her any type of help. I feel stuck and sad that I cannot do anything.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yes, Cancer does stink. I am so very, very sorry about your sister. We will be thinking of you all.

The Four Feathers said...

So sorry to hear of your sister...hopefully, you're right....it's early stages and there is hope. Keep a positive outlook for you, your sister...and that baby!

Anonymous said...

thank you for your kind words.love being blessed,with family an friends