Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's here!

Owen's first day...I snap a picture in the same spot every year. Aaron wanted to take the picture this morning, but I told him "It's MY thing". Andrew's first day... The boys and their Principal... Aaron took the morning off to get the kiddos off to their first day of school. We took Andrew to his 2nd grade classroom first. As he gets higher in grade, it seems like his class becomes smaller and smaller. I guess that is a good thing...more one on one time with teacher. I guess it is pretty typical for this to happen in a city school. Parents tend to freak out a little about their kids entering junior high in a few years, so they make the transition to suburban schools early on in elementary (that is just my sociological take on the matter). Anyway, Andrew was excited to see all of his friends from last year. He sits with a grouping of good friends which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Andrew adjusted well to becoming a second grader and made himself at home. One funny thing about today in the world of Andrew...We were unpacking his backpack in the classroom and he said "I can do it mom" so, I thought he was just wanting to do it himself (ya know those big independent 2ND graders). I stepped back and a friend of mine noticed that he needed help getting his school box out of his backpack. She looked on the bottom of the bag and said "Does your mom know you have that?". My instincts knew what it was. After looking in the backpack, it was confirmed that he brought his GAME BOY to school with him. The reason he didn't want me to help him was that he didn't want me to see the GAME BOY. Little stinker. Owen had a 2 hour orientation with his class. He was in the Library while parents were in the classroom taking care of the business of Kindergarten. (I was having contractions the entire time while in there might I add!! I cant have this baby this week. I want at least 2 weeks of PEACE AND QUIET!) After orientation, we went out for a special lunch with Owen. Here are some pictures and a video montage of the morning.

Our special lunch with Owen... Andrew and his bestest friend...in Kindergarten (they bonded imediatly after noticing they had the same Batman lunchbox) First grade... Second Grade...

No comments: