Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One more day till school BEGINS!

I remember the anticipation of the first day of school. As I hung out with my boys today, the memories came back to me. We really are fortunate to not have to buy a ton of clothes for the boys. First, boys love t-shirts and this makes things easy for us. They also wear the same size of shirts so their wardrobe doubles. My dad's neighbor also supplies us with a great amount of hand me downs from her son (Thanks Sarah!). It is a true blessing.

I remember wearing a new outfit on the first day of school. It made me feel so proud and "new". I thought it would be fun to take the boys on a little shopping spree and buy new shoes and a new shirt for the big day. Let me tell you...Owen can Shop! He needed to have just the right shirt for the big day. I am not kidding you when I say we drove around Columbus from 10:30 am until 3:00 p.m. looking for that shirt. We found the shirt at a Target store (after 4 Target stores did not have his size). He Immediatly took off his shirt, right there in the middle of the store, and tried on his new shirt. In the meantime, he was shaking with excitement. His big brother was very patient with him.

I also remember getting everything ready the night before. In my kid's case, they came home from a long day of shopping and layed everything on the floor in the living room. They even found matching socks. Owen is so excited and kept asking me all day "how long is it until tomorrow mom?" I hope the novelty of being excited for school doesn't wear off.

Here is what our living room looks like...


This is what it looked like right after the boys went to bed. I am not sure if the cats are excited to have them go to school or if they are protesting.


I am not sure how I will do tomorrow. I cried when Andrew went to Kindergarten. I will be alone for a few weeks during the day (until Elliott arrives). Owen will no longer be my coffee house date on Friday mornings. hmmm. The more I think of it, I think I will be an emotional wreck tomorrow. I am getting a little teary eyed just thinking about it right now. I guess it doesn't help that there are more hormones than usual that are invading my body right now. My babies are growing up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute Outfits...Mine just got on the bus :) i'm looking forward to a quiet day (if you can call it that w/my chatty patty 3 year old)
Enjoy your time by yourself before the big E comes :)
Love,
Jen