Saturday, August 9, 2008

Owen's birthday bash...

Owen is 6. He made it well known that his birthday was this week. All we heard was "The birthday boy doesn't have to clean the table", "The birthday boy gets breakfast in bed", "Be nice to the birthday boy", "The birthday boy gets the most cereal Andrew!". He didn't let us forget it for a minute. Owen and his Breakfast in Bed Request... As for his party, he kept giving mommy ideas on how to run the party (like I have NEVER had any parties before). He knew it was a special day for HIM. He told me that the only drink he wanted to serve was Rootbeer, because that is what the birthday boys likes. He wanted Pizza, because that is what the birthday boys favorite food is (fortunatly, Little Ceasers has $5 pizzas). We also served Subway subs and lemonade against the "Birthday Boy's" wishes. The theme (as you may have read) was Spongebob Squarepants. Well, being the party nerd that I am, I decided to create our backyard into the home of Spongebob...bikini bottom. I have about 3 bins (pitiful isnt it?) of Luau decorations. Yes, I am a nerd. We had a good time and the kiddos enjoyed themselves as well. My friend Cindy made these INCREDABLE cookies! She is starting up a business for personalized cookies and I was her first Spongebob customer. I almost cried when I saw them. They were more than I expected! If you are a local reader, I am happy to give out her contact information! Just email me! I am tired today and ready to relax. Here are some pictures of the celebration. The food corner..(Spongebobs resturant) Sandy's Candy...Sugar sand art (I call it Crack for kid). It is like the sand art that kids do at the fair but YOU CAN EAT IT! I did tell the kids that they couldn't indulge until they got home...Smart mommy here! Every Limbo Boy and Girl!

Crazy Hair Creations...

Then, the big moment...Singing to the birthday boy. It was all fun and games until the wax dripped.


MMMMM...cupcakes too!

2 comments:

Angie said...

That is so awesome! I am very lame at parties. I'd like to do something cool but then before I know it, it's a week before the big day and I haven't done a thing.

Gerbicks said...

it was a grand party, as usual. i think owen has the party-bash-planning gene!