
Well, we have decided on a c-section for the 3rd time around. I didn't want to go this route originally, because the spinal that I received with my last c section was just plain awful. I can honestly say that getting that jabbed in my back (unsuccessfully) was worse than the surgery and recovery combined. I am not joking. I never wanted anybody to ever poke at my back again. The anesthesiologist also "double dosed" me and I was unable to go and see Owen in the Newborn ICU for a couple of days. Unfortunately, the cons of delivering naturally after a c section (called vbac) outweighed the benefits of just having the
c-section. I will find out tomorrow or Wednesday what the official day is. I just want to be knocked out at this point...wake me up when it is over. I am starting to prepare myself mentally for this poking in the back event. I complained to my doctor about it and she said "Jude, our final goal is to have a healthy mommy and a healthy baby". I guess I just need to suck it up.
So much for the Lamaze class Aaron and I took a few weeks back... $125.00 later.
3 comments:
I can't believe it's almost here...I'm getting so excited for you! Can't wait to see Elliott! Hope everything is as smooth is it can possibly be!
DON'T even think backwards. i had c-sections both times. with adin, after 29 hours of labor, everything was an emergency and was not good. there were tons of people and everything was fast and scary and like you, my spinal was not pleasant to say the least. so, with tobias, i was not too thrilled either...but it was SO different. it was not an emergency and people talked to me and it was a different spinal dr (not even going to try to spell that) and there was no comparison. so, don't think back...just plan and pray for it to be better this time!
I had a horrible time as well with my spinal... 6 tries... 6 different kits... and charged for all 6 tries... I was about to kill the guy! I was also double dosed and had such bad shakes as I came off it as well... but we know now that I have a super tiny pelvis... no baby is going to come out the normal way with me...
Shannon Jarrard Owens
Post a Comment