I know this is a weird title, but there is nothing like baby skin next to yours...it's just like velvet.
We were able to hold Elliott today. Nothing better. Mommy did some skin on skin and daddy just couldn't get enough of him. His smell, his touch...just wasn't enough for us. We both plan to go back tonight for some more lovins from Elliott. It was obvious that Elliott loved it too. He was very relaxed. I have a feeling, once he comes home, he won't be put down...But mommy and daddy are both ok with that.
They tried to remove the c-pap for a bit last night to see how he would do. Within 20 minutes, he needed to be put back on...but that is OK. One step at a time.
We found out today that Elliott's lungs had the maturity level of a 28 week old baby. They said that they don't even know why this happens sometimes, but the brain just doesn't get the signal to grow up. We are glad that he is getting better. Maybe by the weekend we will have the little guy home.
Thank you Jesus!
4 comments:
Looks like you two make a perfect fit Judy! So glad he's doing better! Yeah, Elliott's going to be the one to keep ya on your toes...he'll definitely be a Leader. Keep updating us,I check several times a day to see how he's doing.
Judy & Aaron, He looks so good in your arms. Remember, they say you can't spoil a baby or hold them too much in the first 6 months. So go for it...keep loving on him. I pray for Elliott's healing and both of you often.
Blessings,
Jennifer Stauffer
HI JUDY AND GUYS
I JUST WANT TO SAY, YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS ALL DAY AND NITE WHEN I WAKE. IT'S BEEN THE 1st TIME I HAD A CHANCE TO CK. OUT YOUR BLOG. AFTER READING JUDES, I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER KNOWING HE IS GETTING BETTER. KEEP YOUR FAITH GOING. THE LITTLE STINKER WILL BE HOME BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.
LOVE, MONCH XOXOX
Oops...the unsigned anonymous comment is from Angela. Duh! Hope you enjoyed more cuddle time with Elliott tonight:)
Post a Comment