
So Andrew has been complaining of a tummy ache since last Wednesday (also the first day of school). I thought it was nerves because Andrew hates change and stress always manifests physically with him. Anyway, I really didnt think much of it until this morning. Andrew woke up complaining again of a tummy ache and didnt eat his breakfast. Part of me wanted to keep him home because my gut feeling was telling me that something wasnt right. I went against my feelings and took him to school anyway.
About 20 minutes after I dropped him off, Andrew needed to come home. I went back to school to find him in the office in a lot of pain. He did happen to give me a slight smile as I picked him up. I think he was relieved that he didn't have to spend the entire day in pain at school.
Come to find out, there is a nasty bug going around that is "catchy" for only a day or so...but the effects (tummy ache, the squirts) can last up to 3 weeks. ugh. I hope I don't get this. From what I understand, adults can get this same little bug and it tends to be more harsh on the adults. The weird thing about this virus is that it is hit and miss. One hour he is perfectly fine and the next hour he is buckled over on his bed.
If you think of it, pray that Andrew starts to feel better and that the rest of our family doesn't get this.
2 comments:
How is Andrew?
he is feeling a little better. Yesterday was a day of resisting this stuff called florastor. The little stinker refused to take this very expensive "good bacteria" kind of medicine. It is supposed to get his digestive track up and running properly. Well, we attempted 3 doses for him and after him knocking the applesauce all over the place, I finally said enough is enough. "If you dont want to take it, I dont want to hear how your tummy hurts". The funny thing is that we put it in his Capri sun this a.m. and he suspected that we may have done so. He drank it anyway with no problem and about 3 hours later said "my tummy doesnt feel bad mom". I grinned and wanted to tell him sooo badly that I put the florastor in his drink. I plan on telling him after I "trick" him in 4 doses.
He is a stubborn kid. I am not sure where he gets it from :)
Post a Comment