Sunday, September 14, 2008

no title.



So, it is calm here in our house. For the past few days, there has been this stillness and peacefulness. It has been nice. The boys are getting along for the most part. Yes, they have had their spats, but not the screaming to the top of their lungs kind of fights. I think we are all preparing mentally for Elliott's arrival.

My house is clean. Everybody seems to be picking up after themselves. We have managed to keep up the house for the past week or so, cleaning up after our messes, doing things on our own, without being asked. Nice. This is a very rare thing.

I think our entire house is preparing for the big day on Tuesday. The only problem that has been going on is the lack of sleep for mama bear. I awoke Saturday morning at 2:00 am not being able to go back to bed. Is it nerves? Is it my body preparing for the upcoming sleepless nights? Is it because I know my mom would have been so happy for this baby's arrival and isn't physically here to celebrate with us? Who knows? I think it is a little of everything. I just know that I was so tired yesterday, things were foggy and just seemed weird. I did manage to finish the first part of Elliott's birth video (the part leading up to the 16th). Aaron took the boys in the afternoon to the pool so I can get a little sleep. Just as I fell asleep, the door bell rings. It wasn't the kind of ring like "ring ring". NO. The Jehovah's witness who has visited my door once before was at my door did "ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring". Just when I thought they left, about 2 minutes later..."ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring". Come on people, if I didn't answer to the 9 times of ringing my door bell the first time, don't be brave enough to ring it 9 more times. I was up and didn't get to fulfill my much needed nap.

I took a unisom last night. I haven't done this in a while because I was afraid that I would go into labor or something during the night. Last night, I was so desperate and confident that nothing would happen, I popped one of those bad boys in my mouth about 8:00 and by 8:30 I was in my bed fast asleep until 8:00 this morning. Ahhh. I woke up all by myself. I usually wake up to boys screaming at one another about something silly. I actually woke up to a peaceful household.

This will probably be my last post until after the baby is born. The hospital has wireless and I plan to take the laptop. I will be there 3-4 days, so I'll have to find something to do before I commit myself to a mental care facility. Depending on how I am feeling, I hope to update the blog.

So, I guess this is so long for now blogging friends. Pray for our family these next few days. Pray for me as my emotions and hormones will be a little out of whack. Pray that our family adjusts to the upcoming changes that are before us.

4 comments:

Rebekah Hubley said...

I am sooooo excited for you guys, and can't wait to see a pic of Elliot on the outside. My last 2 were c-sections so I know how you will be feeling, so I will be praying. Honestly, I think c-sections are easier that vaginal recoveries!!! Anyhow, I will be praying for a safe and uneventful delivery!!!

The Four Feathers said...

I'm so excited to see pictures...and praying everything for the labor/delivery and the transition of having a new little one goes smoothly. Can't wait!

Gerbicks said...

we will be praying for you & the boys & aaron. and we're so excited for you all! another new baby to love on, it's so good!

Anonymous said...

HI JUDES
HONEY IF THERE'S ANYBODY THAT CAN DO THIS, IT'S YOU.(WELL IT'S NOT THAT YOU CAN BACK OUT NOW.. HEHE) YOU ARE STRONG, AND I THINK YOU ARE MORE READY THEN ANYBODY I'V EVER KNOWN.I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE PHYSICAL PART OF MA. WE ALL MISS HER SWEETIE, BUT SHE IS YOUR ANGLE RIGHT NOW, AND I KNOW SHE IS LOOKING OVER YOU FOREVER AND FOR ALWAYS. ESPECIALLY NOW. THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS, AND THINGS WILL GO GOOD FOR YOU. I LOVE AND PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. GOOD LUCK MY "LITTLE SIS".
LOVE MONCH XOXOXOX