
Elliott is the sweetest thing on this planet right now. He loves physical touch and sure responds when we touch him. It is good to see his face rather than a mask with tubes. He is much more comfortable today than he was yesterday morning. He is on morphine every 4 hours to help keep him from tearing out his tubes. It makes us feel so much better watching him breathe easy than watching him struggle. We are waiting to hear from the neo natologist about his progress through the night. We are hoping the steroid that was given to him twice is doing some good. We are hopeful for good news, but also realize that the "out of the woods" stage may not come for a couple of days. We were also informed that they are planning on doing a test on his heart to rule anything involved with that. I plan to go home tomorrow evening. My doctor gave me the ok to go home either today or tomorrow. I am not sure if I can quite peel myself away from this place yet. Having him across the hall is very nice and having the ability to go and see him when I can has been a great blessing. The boys have been staying at my sister in laws house for the past couple of days. They have fun with their cousins and have enjoyed their visit. Andrew is very concerned and a question about Elliott's well being is the first thing out of his mouth when we talk to him. Here are a few pictures from the past day. The first one was taken at 1:30 this morning. Every time I tell someone his name, they say "oh, like Elliott on E.T.". Well, Elliott has this little light hooked up to his foot...when I saw it, it reminded me of the E.T. movie when E.T. calls to "ELLLLLL IIIIOOOO TTTTT" as his finger glows.
A short video...
3 comments:
Oh Judy and Aaron - watching the video makes me cry. I am praying for all of you but especially the little fellow - it does look so hard.
When he gets to feeling better, Amelia's Popop can give Elliott recent first hand experience of stepping down off of morphine.....
God love you all
Many congratulations on Elliot's arrival !!!! We just found out (got power at late last night).
We'll be praying. Please let us know f you guys need anything.
K&B
very proud ,prayers every day love ya sis lolly ,very strong baby you must not worrie god bless
Post a Comment