So we went to the hospital and they removed the IV from his arm today. One less thing we have to maneuver to hold him.
He still is not eating from the breast and he feeds very little from a bottle. The rest of his feedings are done through his tube. At this point, I just want the little guy to suck and drink the milk on his own. I am not concerned if it is from the breast or not. I just want him to learn and come home. I figured it would be nice for him to latch onto me, but not a big deal if he doesn't. It is just a little more work on my part to have to pump. I am ok with that.
Please pray that he can learn to feed on his own. That is really his final step in coming home with us. The nurse told me today that it would not be a bad idea for me to bring his outfit in for pictures and to put the car seat in the car for when they discharge him. That is promising news.
He had a little cap on him this afternoon. The boys didn't like the fact that it had pink and blue stripes in it. They want me to bring the OHIO STATE cap that Grandma gave him.
I will post some pictures tomorrow of some visitors and Elliott. I am a tired little mommy and need my rest for when the big guy comes home.
No comments:
Post a Comment