The boys came to see Elliott last night at the hospital. They were both concerned with Elliott's condition and were not expecting all of the tubes and machines hooked up to him. They wanted to hold him but were unable to. I think Owen was in shock a bit more than Andrew was. Last week the boys ordered a trophy for Elliott at the trophy store. It was all their idea. They picked out a baby trophy with "Best baby Brother" engraved on it. They presented it to Elliott last night. I think Elliott liked it. This morning, we found out that during the night, they took a an x-ray and it showed a bit more cloudiness than the previous one they had taken. The good news is they decided not to do the steroid because they felt like he was stable enough and he was working through this. Aaron and I were able to hold him for the first time today. It ws a very special moment for us and for him as well. As soon as I held him, his respiration's per minute decreased from 80 down to the 50-60 range. His heart rate was also lowered because he didn't have to work as hard to breathe. I held him for about 1 1/2 hours and we loved every minute of it. Here are a few pictures from last night and today. The boys made it up here again today but Owen had a "temp" of 99.2 degrees. I am glad they didn't let him go in (even though I know that the increase in temperature was due to coming from outside). He was not a happy little boy and his heart was crushed. He has needed a little extra tender loving care these past couple of days. Please continue to pray for Little Elliott and for strengthening of his lungs. We also ask that you keep the boys in your prayers for their week has been rocked with no school (due to a huge power outage in the Columbus area...of all weeks), a new brother, and just being bounced around all week.
Congratulations on Elliot. He's so beautiful. Owen and Rachel had to stay in the nicu for a few days and I know it's difficult. I'm praying he can go home soon. Leaving them at the hospital was so hard. It just all sounds so familiar - waiting to hold him for the first time, having the older kids "screened" before going in. Also praying for Andrew and Owen and that they'll adjust quickly.
3 comments:
Prayers are coming your way. Wish I could do more for you right now. :) Keep the faith.
Hi Judy,
Congratulations on Elliot. He's so beautiful. Owen and Rachel had to stay in the nicu for a few days and I know it's difficult. I'm praying he can go home soon. Leaving them at the hospital was so hard. It just all sounds so familiar - waiting to hold him for the first time, having the older kids "screened" before going in. Also praying for Andrew and Owen and that they'll adjust quickly.
love you,
Ang
love the trophy! NOW Elliott is in the hunt to have the most trophies :)
Post a Comment