The heart test (I cant spell the real term, but it is something like eco cardiogram) came back perfect. There is nothing wrong with his little heart so that was a huge lift off our chests yesterday. The second I heard the news, I couldnt help myself to let all of the emotions go. It was awesome to hear that he just needs a little time to "grow up".
This morning, they did another x ray and it looked much better and clearer. His lungs sound better as well. His respiration's are slower and not as rapid as the video taken the other day. He is trying to breathe over the ventilator as well. This is all good news.
I go home today and they have already prepared me that it is going to be very hard for me. I know he is in good hands, but the thought of leaving him gives me a large pit in the bottom of my stomach. Once we leave tonight, we don't plan to come back until tomorrow.
I have been pumping for breast milk...and let me tell ya, I AM A MEGA MILK FACTORY! Elliott is going to have this huge stock of milk (he isnt eating yet) when he gets home. It will be awesome because Aaron will then be able to feed the baby via bottle and get some daddy/elliott bonding time. I am so thankful that I produce so much milk for the little guy.
I know this is a goofy picture to post, but it means alot to Aaron and I. We have had so much love poured upon us this week. We want to thank everyone for their prayers, their visits and support. A friend of ours brought these yummy cakes to us the other night. It was awesome. I didnt feel like I was even in a hospital. She brought over some movies for us and it was just nice. SO many others have come by with flowers, cookies, things for the boys...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. We really appreciate everything.
2 comments:
we are so glad things are going better...we also wish we could do more for you guys than just encouragement (but i guess it's taking up time with a newborn here also). anyway, i hope you are able to get some rest & know that elliot will be with your family at home in no time & until then, as you said, he is in great care. see you tomorrow!
I am so jealous of your milk factory! Which I know is a strange thing to say. :) I had hoped to be able to pump for Rachel and Owen and build up a supply but I could only get 2 oz. total pumping both sides every 3 hours! That just wasn't going to cut it and I quit after Owen came home. I didn't want to spend extra time awake after he had his bottle. I'm praying for you - it's a hard, hard thing to leave him there. He'll be home soon.
Post a Comment