Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update at 4:45 am-Early Thursday Morning

I was able to hold Elliott for 3 hours last night from 9-midnight. It was a great bonding time for us. I was able to do "kangaroo care" with him which is skin on skin. He loved it. Toward the end of our time together, He was having a bit more trouble keeping his oxygen level above 83% consistently. I had a feeling we were going to be in for a long night.
At 3:45 am, the doctor came in and told me that they were going to intibate (spelled wrong I think) him and give his body a little rest. He was working very hard and they felt putting him on a ventilator was going to be the best thing for him. His is sedated, so he feels no pain. He is also going to be receiving the steroid that was talked about the day he was born. Please pray for our family right now. We are sad that they had to do this, but know that he needed to rest a little.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy-
we are praying mightily for our newest little crawf dude! i'm so glad you got to spend 3 hours of "skin" time w/him last night. i'm sure he was in heaven touching his mama :) we'll be praying for Elliott's BIG turn-around today!
hang in there & get some rest!
love,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Judy and Aaron- Elliott is beautiful!! The Crawfords are a strong bunch, I know Elliott is no different. A little rest for the body is a good thing. We are praying for all of you. I can't wait to see Elliott in person! If you need ANYTHING, please let me know.

God Bless,
Angela and Jason

maureen said...

judy! i will be praying for elliott's lungs continue to develop and that the gets the rest he needs.
maureen okonkwo

toad said...

you are in our prayers...hoping he can be off hte ventilator and sedation soon and with you full time!

The Four Feathers said...

Praying for your family...please continue to keep updating, I look often. I pray you'll feel God's peace within your family.

Gerbicks said...

heaps of prayers going up for elliot. we are close by, call if you need some one on one support. love you guys!